Sammy
A big slurp on the cheek to the dogs who visited in the last few days.
- Nashville, Tennessee - I'm going to nickname you Nash!
- Madrid, Spain (Maddy)
- Phillipines (Phil)
- Ephrata, Washington (er ... Puddles)
- Sudbury, Ontario, Canada (Suuuds!)
Oh, Debra. It means 'Cats'. Woof. I will have to think about this.
--**--
--**--
Back to my good news. Okay, one time? Somebody opened the Door? And this puppy ran inside. A puppy! Just ran! Ran inside! Like oh sure, no problem, all you stray puppies. Just run right into my House. Welcome! Chew on stuff!
I for one do not trust puppies. They are too squirmy, they run too fast and are too chaotic. Their teeth are like needles. And worst of all is their conversation. They are hopeless to try and reason with. I did the sensible thing and climbed up onto the back of the couch.
Big She trapped the creature and took it out of the house. I had just recovered when she came back. With a human I had never sniffed before. And even better?
Sammy!

Look, look!
Sammy is a white dog, a boy dog, and he has wiry fur and bad breath. He is four years old, which means he is not a puppy. I liked him right away (though I did not trust that guy a single bit, and still don't, really). His hackles raised and his tail went all stiffity, and he sniffed the whole House, me included, in about a half a second. Wow. I was impressed.
I hackled up too. You bet I did. Nice white dog or not, good sniffer or not ... I could not let him think for one tiny second that I was not the Alpha Dog of this House.
Sammy is not a puppy, but he's lively and he likes to roughhouse. We are teaching each other wrestling moves.
And do you know? Sammy's human said good bye and just left him here. I thought it was a mistake, but she hasn't been back since. We've walked by their House loads of times now, and everybody in that Yard just waves and waves, but nobody yells come Sammy or anything. So, I guess I have a new pet now.

3 Comments:
Daisy,
Please keep this quiet... or you could blow it for all of us.
Debra (who lives in HERCULES... Go ahead call her Herky-jerky) is my owner. But I am the one who reads and writes about us dogs. However, I must do it on the sly!! They know that Border Collies are smart.. but Debra doesn't know I use her laptop!!
Fri Sep 01, 07:26:00 AM PDT
Lose the white dog before they notice.
Mon Sep 04, 01:44:00 PM PDT
Jake - Herky jerky would be a terrible dog name. It would take all day to yell it! I will name her something better. It's not her fault that her computer lives in a town named for cats.
Tudee - the white dog isn't too bad. He just needs lots and lots of training. You'll see.
Mon Sep 04, 10:05:00 PM PDT
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home