More Sammy-training
Big slurps for my recent visitors!
Los Angeles (Your nickname is already Fitzy ... I think I shall nickname you Sparky!)
Hampton, Virginia (Hammie)
Fresno, California (Fonzie)
Atlanta, Georgia (Peaches)
Iowa City, Iowa (Gypsy)
Here at the House, our routine has finally established itself. At night, Sammy and I both sleep in Little She's room - I sleep on the Bed; he sleeps on the Floor, in his basket or on a pile of clothes. And whenever Big She tries to lift Sammy onto the Bed to sleep (because she is the interferingest human ever ... Grrrr), Sammy waits until she's gone and then jumps back down to his Rightful Place.
He is coming around in other ways as well. For instance, he has the makings of a good squirrel hunter, though his attitude is not the best. At first, if you can believe this, he said he did not know why the squirrels are even a problem.
"After all, they are not in the Yard," he argued.
"But they could be! They could come into the Yard anytime!" I guruffed. "Look at them up there, walking on the wires, just waiting."
He pretended to squint upward. "You're crazy. I can't even see them. They're too far away."
I did not back down. "You can smell them. They are Everywhere. And the only way to guard against an invasion is CONSTANT VIGILANCE."
He still claims he does not get it, but at least he follows me now whenever I patrol.

2 Comments:
*ahem*...Sparky, aka Fitzy is a Northern California gal, lest we not be cornfused!
Tue Oct 03, 10:15:00 AM PDT
Sorry! Please put down the rolled-up newspaper. I'm going by the server logs on Statcounter. Blame Statcounter! Not me! Woof!
Wed Oct 04, 09:38:00 AM PDT
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home