Intruder alert!

The doorbell rings! For the hundredth time tonight! And Little She runs to the door. I know she's going to open it, I know it, even though IT'S DANGEROUS. And it's particularly dangerous if I, Daisy, am not right there in front of her, guarding the house, guarding her.
So I run to the door, trying to get ahead of her, barking my warning. Get back! Back! Back! It's a dangerous intruder!
My selfless efforts, as always, are completely misunderstood and/or unappreciated. "Daisy!" they yell. "Quiet! Down! Stay!"
Hello? If I were quiet, if I got down, if I stayed, then Little She would open the door, unprotected! Anybody could be out there! I'm a dog, folks, what did you bring me into this house for, if not to protect Little She?
I wish that humans were teachable. Lucky for them, I always ignore the commands quiet, down, and stay.
You're welcome!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home