Sunday, September 04, 2005

The enemy


I'm a quiet, peace-loving dog. I don't ask for much. All I want is a few creature comforts, and for my yard to be secure from all threats from above and below.

But my yard can NEVER be secure, and I can never, ever rest. Behold my Enemy.

My enemy has many little rodent faces, but its name is the same: SQUIRREL.

It attacks from the fence! And when I'm guarding the fence, it attacks from the tree! And when I'm barking up the tree, it perches on another tree! (Drat, I'm barking up the wrong tree.)

The only way to keep this yard safe is to maintain constant guard, barking and jumping. When I sleep, it is with one eye open. Here in Big She's room, I'm watching the tops of trees from her window. Wait! There goes a squirrel, walking a wire! Outrageous! Barkbarkbarkbarkbark

1 Comments:

Blogger beancounter said...

Daisy, I can tell you are a fierce and amazing predator hound!! Your people are lucky you're around to protect them from the evil squirrel menace.

Fri Jan 06, 08:44:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home